Tuesday, August 17, 2010

eat pray love


i leave on thursday morning to go down to DC and leave from there on monday for Africa.


my mom and i went to see Eat Pray Love last night. Julia Roberts traipsed through Italy to eat and learn the beauty of doing nothing, went to India in search of spirituality, and Bali to reflect and seek counsel. i don't think i'll quite have those sorts of luxuries, but i do look forward to just as purposed and intentional a trip. i'll be in Uganda to learn, to study, Kenya to teach (although i expect i will be the one being taught most things), and Sweden to breathe before coming home. but through all this hopping around on the other side of familiarity, i hope i remember to take time to pray- for the ability to mold myself into all these new cultures, to eat- and enjoy all the smells and tastes which America will never be able to accurately replicate, and to love- everyone i meet, everyone i work with, everyone i don't understand.

my laundry is only half done, i'm going to try and fit everything into one (relatively small) suitcase and a backpack, i bought my first pair of Sambas tonight, and i just shut down facebook til january :)
here goes everything.

2 comments:

  1. Gouda! I will miss you! I can't wait for the day til your head will be against my boobs again! Have fun and be safe! Love BIG Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. "love- everyone i meet, everyone i work with, everyone i don't understand."

    this is why you are my wife.

    ReplyDelete